If you make an application, your details will be held on computer by us and will be passed to one of our panel of lenders who will hold the details on computer and use them in a credit scoring or other automated decision-making process to assess your application. If this lender declines your application it may be sent to another of our panel of lenders who will repeat this assessment process. Please call us on 0161 4063931 for details of the lender(s) to whom your information is passed. You have a legal right to these details.
You authorise us and the lender to make all enquiries necessary to verify this information to enable them to consider this application. The lender will make an enquiry with Credit Reference Agencies to verify the information that you have provided. It is important that you give us accurate information. The lender will check your details with fraud prevention agencies and if false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. Other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities
- Recovering debt
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance
- Checking details of job applicants and employees
- Lenders from other countries may also access and use the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies. You can ask the lender for details about the Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies with whom they share this information.