*Magnitude Finance is a trading style of DSG Financial Services Ltd, Unity House, Bird Hall Lane, Hercules Park, Stockport, Cheshire, SK3 0UX.
DSG Financial Services Ltd is the data controller for the purposes of the use of the personal information you provide to us. Further information about how we use your personal information can be sought from our Data Protection Officer.
DSG Financial Services Ltd, Unity House, Bird Hall Lane, Hercules Park, Stockport, Cheshire, SK3 0UX – Tel: 0161 406 3950
DSG Financial Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Our Financial Conduct Authority firm reference number is 649675.
We are a company registered in England and Wales and our company registration number is 2313903.
We are a credit broker and not a lender.
We are able to introduce you to a carefully selected range of lenders who will make a payment to us for doing so.
How and why we use your personal information
We will process the personal information you provide us when we have your consent to do so. In addition to this, we may also process your personal data based on our legitimate interests in doing so. This means that we will use your personal information in the manner you would expect us to with regard to arranging motor finance for you.
We will use the personal information you provide us with to progress your application for motor finance. This includes using your information such as your name, address and date of birth to check your credit profile, which allows us to forward your application for motor finance to a suitable finance provider. We will carry out credit reference agency searches to find the most appropriate finance for your circumstances. Whilst we will restrict searches of this nature to as few as possible, there will be occasions where multiple searches are required.
We will share the personal information you provide to us with other organisations involved in your motor finance application.
Where we have permission to do so, we may provide you with marketing material in relation to products and services we may offer, where we do provide this information we will always give you an easy method to stop receiving it in future.
We do not require your personal data to be provided to us further to any direct contractual requirement with us, however, if you do not consent to us processing it this will mean that we will not be able to progress your finance application. We, at times, source personal data from third-party lead generators. We will only ever use such third parties where they have been provided with consent to so provide us with your personal data.
We, along with the other organisations we may share your personal information with, will keep records of your finance application and documents you provide to us, in addition to recordings of telephone conversations we and those other organisations may have with you.
Categories of personal data
We will not generally process any special categories of personal data, that is, information that is sensitive such as:
- Ethnic origin
In limited circumstances, and only ever with your consent, we may process information about your health. We will only ever do so where you disclose any health issues you may have to us and by using that information we can help with ensuring your finance application is progressed properly.
Who we may provide your personal data to
We will only ever provide third parties with your personal information where we need to do so to progress your application, as such, we may provide it to any of the following third parties (further details of how your personal information is used by each of the third parties listed can be found by contacting us. Where available, we have included a link/web address for each respective privacy notice, detailing how that third party will use your personal information.
Credit reference agencies
- Callcredit Ltd – callcredit.co.uk/legal-information/privacy-centre
- Experian Ltd – experian.co.uk/legal/privacy-statement.html
- Equifax Ltd – equifax.co.uk/About-us/Privacy_policy.html
- Sira – https://www.syn.ectics-solutions.com/privacy
- BMW Financial Services (GB) Ltd – alphera.co.uk/privacy-policy
- Northridge Finance Ltd – northridgefinance.com/privacy-policy
- Motonovo Finance – customer.motonovofinance.com/privacy
- Creation Consumer Finance Ltd – creation.co.uk/about-us/data-protection-notice
- Barclays Partner Finance – barclayspartnerfinance.com/home/privacy-policy/
- Blue Motor Finance Ltd – bluemotorfinance.co.uk/home/Privacy_policy
- Billing Finance Ltd – billingfinance.co.uk/privacy-policy/
- Marsh Finance Ltd – marshfinance.com/privacy/
- Unity Facilities Ltd – unityfl.com/Unity/Privacy
- Moneybarn Ltd – moneybarn.com/privacy-policy/
Secure Trust Bank Ltd – securetrustbank.com/privacy-statement
- PCF Bank Ltd – pcf.bank/privacy/
- Southern Asset Finance Ltd
- 1st Stop Car Finance Ltd – 1ststop.co.uk/privacy-policy
- London & Surrey Motor Finance Ltd – lsmf.co.uk/privacy-policy.php
- The Funding Corporation Ltd – thefundingcorporation.com/important-information/
- Paragon Bank Plc – paragonbankinggroup.co.uk/privacy
- Zopa Ltd – zopa.com/privacy-polic
- Retail Money Ltd – ratesetter.com/privacy
- Hitachi Capital UK Ltd – hitachicapital.co.uk/privacy-policy/
- Close Brothers Ltd – closebrothers.com/cookies-privacy
- Aldermore Bank Plc – aldermore.co.uk/legal/privacy-policy/
- Arkle Finance Ltd – arklefinance.co.uk/privacy-policy
- Liberty Leasing Ltd – libertyleasing.co.uk/privacy/
- Lending Works Ltd – via lendingworks.co.uk
- Lendable Ltd – lendable.co.uk/privacy
- Shawbrook Bank Ltd – shawbrook.co.uk/privacy-notice/
- Oakbrook Finance Ltd – oakbrookfinance.com/privacy
- Progressive Money Ltd – progressivemoney.co.uk/legal/fair-processing-notice
- Renaissance Asset Finance – www.renaissanceaf.com/Privacy Notice
- United Trust Bank Ltd – www.utbank.co.uk/privacy-notice/
Third party service providers
Selestial HQ – https://selestial.com/privacy
Electronic signature platform providers
Essendex Ltd – esendex.co.uk/privacy-policy
Xima Software Ltd
Details of transfers to third country and safeguards
Whilst our own data storage facilities are based in the UK, we may also use “Cloud” based data storage solutions to process your data. Where we make use of such storage, we will ensure that your personal data is kept safe. Where the Cloud provider transfers data outside of the European Economic Area, we will ensure that that Cloud provider only transfers personal data to countries with adequate data protection measures in place.
Retention of your personal data
We will ensure that we only retain your personal data for as long as we need to, specifically with regard to the reason you provided it to us in the first place. We will retain your personal data for a longer period than the length of any finance agreement you enter into as a result of our processing of your personal data. We will retain your personal data in this manner to be able to provide you or any third party involved in your finance application with information in relation to that application. We will also retain your personal data to allow us to resolve any complaints.
Your rights with regard to your personal data
You have the right to the following with regard to your personal data:
- The right to object to processing, or to request we process your personal data for limited purposes
- The right to have your personal data removed from our records
- The right to have the details of your personal data amended if what we hold is wrong
- The right to have your personal data transported to another organisation
- The right to request a review of any automated decision making we use with regard to your finance application
- The right to be provided with copies of the personal data we hold about you
You also have the right to withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data at any time.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, or need any further information, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the contact details listed above.
If you have any complaints with regard to our data processing practices, we will be happy to assist. In these circumstances, please contact the Data Protection Officer. If you are not satisfied with this, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (the UK regulator with regard to data protection). You may be so be calling 0303 123 1113 or visiting www.ico.org.uk
We make use of automated credit decision-making tools to allow us to process your finance application in the most efficient and accurate manner possible. We, and the third parties we may pass your personal data to make a decision on whether to grant credit to individuals based on algorithmic process.
Should you object to any decision made in relation to your finance application, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the contact details above.