Driving Icons: Porsche 911 Turbo S (992)
Two customers drive the new 992 Turbo S coupe and cabriolet.
The long-awaited latest generation of the mighty Porsche 911 Turbo has finally hit UK roads. Here are the numbers:
- 641 BHP (650 PS) – up 69 bhp on the previous model, the largest increase in the history of the 911 Turbo
- £156,000 RRP in the UK with no options
- 205 mph
- 0-62 in 2.7 seconds – as quick as a Veyron
- 0-125 in 8.4 seconds
- All-wheel-drive, rear-steer and carbon-ceramic brakes standard
- Nearly twice the price of the standard Carrera 2
Does the new 911 Turbo hit the sweet spot between performance and usability?
Just like its predecessors, we’re expecting it to be quick, capable and comfortable – but what do the experts think? Step forward Magnitude customers Sam Fane and Harry Metcalfe, who offer up their views on both the coupe and the cabriolet, and neither could resist trying the launch control.
I genuinely don’t think there are many cars out there that could keep up…Sam Fane
Likes: Performance, usability
Dislikes: Price, size
It is an extraordinary machine.Harry Metcalfe
Likes: Brakes, accessibility of performance
Dislikes: Noise, some of the trim and plastics used
You can configure finance for your 992 Turbo S using our Porsche Finance calculator, or get in touch to speak directkly to one of our finance team.